From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Laurence
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 3:20 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [SPAM] [flexcoders] Re: Custom ItemRenderer still not working...

Well, hmmm... I can't rewrite it so data.course_fees is an ArrayCollection
-- when I change the 'EventVO.as' such that course_fees is an
ArrayCollection instead of an Array, it comes back from the database as
null... Perhaps that's a problem with my CF code (EventVO.cfc and
EventDAO.cfc)? How do you get CF to send data back as an ArrayCollection
instead of an Array? I'm thinking that's not possible...

If I leave the EventVO.as alone, and course_fees is an Array, then I still
have the same problem in my ItemRenderer -- doesn't seem to matter if I make
listOfFees an Array or ArrayCollection...

--- In flexcod...@yahoogro <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
"Laurence" <lmacne...@...> wrote:

> Hmmm... That's an idea... data.course_fees is coming out of the database
as an Array -- perhaps I should rewrite that so it comes out as an
ArrayCollection from the very beginning... I'll give that a shot... (Yes, I
know I can put an Array into an ArrayCollection, but if Array isn't behaving
properly, I shouldn't use it at all, right?)

> If I were to do something like:
> listOfFees:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection(data.course_fees);
> would that pass a reference to the ArrayCollection, or will that be making
a copy?

> --- In flexcod...@yahoogro <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
"wrhinfl" <wrhinfl@> wrote:

> > I thought array does not broadcast updates "nicely" (uniformly/as
expected), can you change the declaration of listOfFees from: