Post it here, the more eyes that look at it the better for you.

Your DataGrid is not editable, correct?  And your render is not set as an
editor, right?

I assume you have debugged this and have tested to see that the dataProvider
is set when you set selectedItem?  Maybe there is a timing issue with the
bound dataProvider. Loop over the items to make sure the item exists.  And
make sure it matches the selectedIndex.  I'd probably suggest you do this
any way and use selectedItem always.

I would use a conditional, testing for the selectedItem, rather than blindly
setting selectedIndex every time.

Finally, I strongly suggest you move that work into commitProperties() The
set data() function gets called much more often than you may realize.

Tracy Spratt,

Lariat Services, development services available

  _____