I'm sure you can send XML data over CFAMFSecure. I've not done it myself but
it's just text at the end of the day and you mentioned in your original post
you thought it'd be a good idea using and writing XML. Iit is possible but
if you prefer to use strictly typed VO's then perhaps you should avoid XML.

I'll watch this thread with interest...

Nick