--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "PFD Studio" <p...@...> wrote:

> The talk about openness is completely disingenuous.  Flash/Flex/ActionScript
> is vastly more open than any of the relevant Apple technologies.

Here is just a short list of open source projects:
-Apache
-FreeBSD
-Linux
-PostgreSQL
-Firefox
- GNU
-Eclipse

etc etc etc

You can't be half-pregnant. Flash is a proprietary platform and does not matter
if Tamarin is open source and Flex is open source.  Show us the source code of
Flash Player and we will fix your bugs. Until then, please don't call Flash
open.

PS I don't care about openness of Apple products, we are talking here about
Internet technology available on all platforms - Windows, Mac, Linux.  Mac &
Windows are proprietary, Linux is not, so what?