mitek17
Yeah, I know that... well, I didn't say it's usable for commercial purposes.
That's true it isn't. What I said is that, if it would matter more to Adobe
these project exist and continue to develop, it would be better, for the
image at least. Well, you know, MS doesn't really support MoonLite or Mono,
but it kind of mentions it everywhere, and, well, to be honest, I don't know
what the exact status of their relationship is :) But, they aren't fighting,
or, at least so it seems :)
I mean, that's great and most welcomed that Adobe have OSS initiatives, but,
there are some times, when you know there's an error in the built-in classes
- the most obvious are the one in the Sound constructor and
ExternalInterface serialization routines - you can even see the damn thing
in the playerglobals.swc, but you cannot help it's being there...
I don't know how much of engineering powers are dedicated to the Linux
version of FP for example, but, it sounds like not to much, and it also
looks like they don't really communicate with the rest of the Linux
community... and, to be honest, the Linux Flash Player made by Adobe is...
well, if Mac users had that, I would side with Steven Jobs admirers in this
topic :D It is truly the most buggy software I've got so far in my
installation :) (right now for w/e reason it doesn't display any serif fonts
at all for eg.)

I hope the remark about flash.* sources wasn't sarcastic, I really believe
that would help. Not that I know of any initiative of writing an alternative
Flash Player (I'm not sure GNash is alive yet - one thing true - apt-get
finds it so far), but, technically, that would made the language an OSS one.
But, again, that must be some commercial concern, of which I don't have
enough knowledge to say any more.

Best.

Oleg