There are a couple of ways I have used to debug calls to CFCs...

Create a CFM template and call the methods on the CFC the same way you
want your Flex app to. This will let you know if it is the CFC having
a problem.

When you call the method, dump out and write the dump to file using
<cfsavecontent>
This way you can see what CF is getting from the Flex app.

May be usefull to see your calling Flex code to give us an idea of how
you are calling the cfc.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM