Because today HTML5 is not yet ready and will not be ready for the next
5-10 years in my opinion. There are still many things you can only do in
Flash and many other that are very difficult to do with HTML5. In my
opinion HTML5 is a hype anyway, some new tags, css and js elements and
functions. Browser-compatibility, layout, animation, video and much more is
handled very easily with Flex/Flash. Should we replace the strong-typed and
compiled AS 3 language with JavaScript? I'm working on a video chat
application that uses FMS and P2P multicats, can you do that with HTML??

Personnally I don't think Flex is dead, the Flex community will continue to
implement it and there will be some companies offering support for it.

Only when Adobe stops the development of the Flash player for the Desktop I
will say that Flash is really dead.

Let's help the Spoon project and make Flex better than ever!

Haykel Ben Jemia

Allmas
Web & RIA Development
http://www.allmas-tn.com