It's happening again.  This never happened when I was using Flex 3.5.

Make a change in the code.  Do a Project | Clean.  Make sure the
debugging session is over.  Do a File |Refresh.

Start a debugging session and watch it go past a line:

                        if (adjInc < 0)                           // for
negatives

                              adjInc = 0;

Watch both lines (value at his point in this test is -43) execute.
After the assignment watch the value not change to zero, but stay at
-43.

Repeat above steps 2-3 times with no difference.  Shut down Flash
Builder and start it again and repeat.  No change.

I've only got a little hair left and don't think I can pull any more
out.

1)      How can I force Flex to recognize code?

2)      How can I force Flex (Flash Builder 4) to execute - as in making
an assignment - the code?

Jerry Davidson