On 28/03/2012 19:20, Davidson, Jerry wrote:

I"ve got old eyes (along with the rest of me).  How are they different?

My bad - sort of.

*if*(adjInc < 0) /// for negatives/

                              adjInc = 0;

I've pasted the above in from your earlier post and the adjInc text is identical.

When I look at the original post in my email client the two variables look different - the I looks like l.

Looking back and trying to edit the post I see that the "*if*(adjInc" is in a different font to "adjInc = 0;" (just as they look now as I type this line!), so I thought the names were different. Bizarre.

So, you're right they are the same but they look different in my mail reader.

Paul

*From:*flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Paul Andrews
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:36 AM
*To:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
*Cc:* John McCormack
*Subject:* Re: [flexcoders] Debug Woes - Redux

adjInc and adjInc

are different variables.

On 28/03/2012 17:03, John McCormack wrote:

    Just wondering...
    If you copy the variable's value to the variable 'temp' and test
    that, what do you see?
    John

    On 27/03/2012 21:34, Davidson, Jerry wrote:

    It's happening again.  This never happened when I was using Flex 3.5.

    Make a change in the code.  Do a Project | Clean.  Make sure the
    debugging session is over.  Do a File |Refresh.

    Start a debugging session and watch it go past a line:

    *if*(adjInc < 0) /// for negatives/

                                  adjInc = 0;

    Watch both lines (value at his point in this test is -43)
    execute.  After the assignment watch the value not change to zero,
    but stay at -43.

    Repeat above steps 2-3 times with no difference.  Shut down Flash
    Builder and start it again and repeat.  No change.

    I've only got a little hair left and don't think I can pull any
    more out.

    1)How can I force Flex to recognize code?

    2)How can I force Flex (Flash Builder 4) to execute -- as in
    making an assignment -- the code?

    Jerry Davidson