I"ve got old eyes (along with the rest of me).  How are they different?

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Paul Andrews
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:36 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Cc: John McCormack
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Debug Woes - Redux

adjInc and adjInc

are different variables.

On 28/03/2012 17:03, John McCormack wrote:

        Just wondering...
        If you copy the variable's value to the variable 'temp' and test
that, what do you see?
        John

        On 27/03/2012 21:34, Davidson, Jerry wrote:

        It's happening again.  This never happened when I was using Flex
3.5.

        Make a change in the code.  Do a Project | Clean.  Make sure the
debugging session is over.  Do a File |Refresh.

        Start a debugging session and watch it go past a line:

                                if (adjInc < 0)
// for negatives

                                      adjInc = 0;

        Watch both lines (value at his point in this test is -43)
execute.  After the assignment watch the value not change to zero, but
stay at -43.

        Repeat above steps 2-3 times with no difference.  Shut down
Flash Builder and start it again and repeat.  No change.

        I've only got a little hair left and don't think I can pull any
more out.

        1)      How can I force Flex to recognize code?

        2)      How can I force Flex (Flash Builder 4) to execute - as
in making an assignment - the code?

        Jerry Davidson