Maybe these question will fair better here than on the Adobe Labs
Forums where they have remained unanswered (this seems to be a much
more thriving community)...

Adobe has stated that there will be a free version of Flex Data
Services which will support a limited number of concurrent
connections.  Does anyone have any idea how many concurrent
connections the free version will support?  2, 5, 10?  I'm trying to
decide which direction I'm going to go with a product and this will
influence my decision.

Secondly, I also understand that the Flex 2 SDK will be free, but I'm
unsure of the status of the charting components—are they included in
the SDK for free or are they going to have a development or deployment
cost associated with them?