well, as an old trick, I will try getObjectUnderPoint() to see what's under the mouse, I bet  it should be an itemRenderer used to draw the date cell, and from there, you might get the chance to find whihc date it is.

will try this later tonight and report back.

I basically want to dnd onto a date on the datechooser. - for example
dragOver - if you catch the event the currentTarget it brings back the
dateChooser but i have no way of referencing the date it dragged over
onto. Part of this is because the innards of the datechooser, from what I
saw, is differnet than other components - kinda like how it was in flash
where it was different than the other components. I could totally be
wrong, but it explains why i can't properly style this dang component ( y
ou can't change the background color which totally sucks if you have a
black and grey theme... BOOOO).

Just wondering if anyone has any original ideas on how to capture the day
i am dragging over on a fairly small calendar.