This is something that we are all dealing with.  Unfortunatly, you
have to explicitly set the scrollPolicy and clipContent properties
for every container in the displayList; including application and
canvas.  It would be nice if you could set a global
verticalScrollPolicy and horizontalScrollPolicy to "off", and then
just over-ride the policies to "auto" or "on" for the containers
that you want to display scrollBars.  If you add scroll policies and
clip content properties to the rest of your containers, you should
be able to fix the problem.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "thunderstumpgesatwork"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Trying to control scrollbars is giving me a headache!
>
> I want everything to be dynamic sizing, so in general I either use
> percentages for all my sizes, or layout constraints. In some cases
> though, a component just cannot get smaller than a certain size to
> look correct. This is when I set the minHeight and minWidth right?
>
> I want it's immediate parent to create scrollbars if necessary, so
> set it's container to scrollPolicy="auto", and for some reason it
> decides to create two scrollbars, on different parent containers..
> like it's "splitting the difference" or something...
>
> How do I force the parent container to respect it's percentage
size,
> and do all of the scrolling within it? Something seems really
wrong.
> Below is a self-contained sample application demonstrating the
> problem. The property sheet has a minWidth and minHeight that
cause it
> to need to scroll in the 'propertySheetContainer', however when you
> run the app, you get scrollbars both on the container AND on the
> application!
>
> any support is appreciated.
> thanks,
> Thunder