Bouncing balls and skip intros; yes, there's plenty of that out
there.  But, there's also a ton of goofy html sites as well.  Flex,
similar to its sibling Flash, is just a tool.  It's like
saying, "Don't use a screwdriver to open a can."  You can certainly
do it, but that's not the best use of a screwdriver.  Flex is
designed to easily create RIAs.  They didn't say. "Don't build
websites that uses the Flash player."  Otherwise, Flash created
websites would also fall into this category.  If you want to build a
website with Flex, knock yourself out. I am, but in my case the
application is the website.  And, it's targeted to an easily managed
customer base.  For those that worry that this kind of thing will
give Flex a bad name, don't.  The developer gets the bad name, not
the tool.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Schmalle"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > those who decide to use Flex to do website designs rank right
with those
> who did all that other crap in the early days of flash with
bouncing balls
> and forced site intros and such.
>
> I have no opinion on this subject whatsoever but..
>
> Would like to point out that this comment is ridiculous. There
have been
> many successful flash websites(In the right context for the right
target
> audience), this is just plain ignorance. I guess you were one of
those
> bouncing ball guys right?
>
> BTW, a statement with such force doesn't require a reply but I HAD
TO :)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM