Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 12:23 PM
Subject: RE: [Junk E-Mail - LOW] Re: [Junk E-Mail - MED] [flexcoders] A general Flex application deployment question..

Paul said that the current application was great when it was working, but everyone hated it when it was slow or the internet connection was down. I was not implying that flex doesn't work, or that I couldn't connect to them. I was saying Flex has no built-in mechanism to handle when the connection with the server is severed.

I did a little quick research on sharedObjects... So if I need to store more than 10k of data, I need to get the user to change their flash settings? Seems like it's not terribly useful for maintaining a history of additions/changes of data for my app, should the connection between client & server drop. Hopefully I'm misunderstanding this, or Apollo will address these problems.

Shan