Hi Franck,

I am pretty sure this is all related to types and the fact that Flex
will serialize primitive types differently than complex ones. The C#
code that creates the WS looks like this for the correctly functioning
elements:

[XmlArray("ContainersToRetrieve")]
[XmlArrayItem("ContainerType", typeof(ContainerType))]
ContainerType[] containersToRetrieve,

and like this for the incorrect ones:

[XmlArray("SelectedPlans")]
[XmlArrayItem("PlanNumber")]
string[] SelectedPlans

I think the only way to fix this would be to have SelectedPlans be an
array of complex objects rather than an array of strings.
Unfortunately, I don't believe this is an option as there is other
code that relies on this WS.

Sigh. I really wish there was more focus on, documentation of and
support for web services in Flex. The apparent concentration on FDS
seems misguided to me as I don't see is as being a viable option for
nearly as many organizations as web services are. I suppose I
understand that FDS deployments are where the real money would be for
Adobe, but it rings of the unrealistic and arguably unsuccessful model
upon which Flex 1 and 1.5 were based on.

Ben

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Franck de Bruijn"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>

> I'm not sure if I'm following you, but I'll try :).
>

> I don't have answers, just questions. Let me put them to you:
>
> *     Could it maybe be the type="s:string" part? Is 's' pointing to the
> right xsd namespace?
> *     I'm curious what is exactly making the 'ContainerType' element in
> your SOAP-message. Is it the name attribute or the type attribute?
If it is
> the type attribute, then for sure in the PlanNumber element it'll
not work
> *     Could the nesting be a problem? What I see from your code example,
> is that the PlanNumber elements are one level deeper than the
ContainerType