> We need an immediate solution beyond dumbing down the client side to
> only use strings.  So much functionality would be given up in that
> scenario that I'd be ashamed and embarrased of our product in the end.

    I don't see why, it comes to the same thing. Implementing a new type
would effectively be putting a class between the regular int type and the
application, and that class would either be handling the numbers as strings
or as seperate integers internally anyway, so how is that any more or less
embarrasing?

ryanm