Creating a new class is the good option.  It would be time comsuming,
but would bring about the desired outcome, assuming everything could
be worked out.

If you read Gordon's post again, you will understand what I was not
too excited about.  I was not objecting to creating a new class, nor
was this suggested, except by me.

Gordon mentioned one option was to do all of the math strictly on the
server, and pass strings back and forth.  I'm sure you can see why
this would be a last resort.