Hi Gordon, I appreciate your reply.  Here's some more information for
you, which might help.

It looks to me like it's a one-way problem (client--->server).  Unless
the user is doing data-entry on the Flash client, and then saves the
data, this problem would appear not to effect them.  This might
explain why there's no outcry.

For example, if I set the column to the right value in the database
manually and then refresh the client view of the data, the value makes
it down to the client unchanged, displays on the screen in Flash with
the correct decimal value, and can be used in computations, which
appear to be correct (so far).

I hit the problem when I am creating or updating a record.  Once Flash
sends a new value to the server, and the Java adapter creates a new
BigDecimal from the Number, the decimal portion gets changed ever so
slightly.  Then, the code must always round down just before assignment.

If standard rounding were in place within the Java adapter, I would
still not realize this problem exists.  The wrong values are only off
by one thousandths when dealing in hundredths.

I am going to go forward with the porting or creation of the fixed
decimal class, and will try to end up with BigDecimals on the other
side.  I'll let you know how it goes.