Thanks. But I did figure it out. I just needed to configure a new host
in my server.xml file with an appBase parameter that points to the
necessary directory.

The concern that my admin had was that he believed that the directory
pointed to by appBase had to have a WEB-INF directory. This does make
sense, but it appears not to be the case. The WEB-INF folder may
indeed be one level up as it is in the case of where the flex app is
vs the root of the webapp. Honestly, I'm not sure why we are able to
get away with this, but it does work.

Hank

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional