Thanks for your response.  I would have been VERY surprised to hear that this was too big for eclipse to handle, as 2000 lines seems TINY to me.

I’ll started heading in the direction you suggest.  I don’t SEE any odd dependancies (except for EMBEDDED graphics).

Best Regards,

Steve

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anatole Tartakovsky
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 9:30 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Eclipse becoming HORRIBLY slow??

2000 lines is really not much - we have objects 3 times bigger that are no problem for editing. However, there are quirks in the FlexBuilder  that pretty much kill editing - and there is no real system to it. Usually they can be cured by simple code rearrangement.

We had one 2000 file that behaved the same way - it was mxml inherited from another mxml that in turn had #include  section. If you paste in include section, the problem disappears.

Basically the problem seems related to in-file code dependencies when it falls scan of the file - make sure you check the base objects your "problem" file inherits from .

Hope this helps,

Anatole