Until Apollo is real and proves to have the features you are requesting
(c++ extensibility??), the profile of your project says "Director" all
over it.  At least if you are trying to keep within the Adobe product
line for software development.  A Director shell, that is, which uses an
embedded web browser (WebXTRA or one of the others for cross-plat work),
adhoc peer/peer connections (MUS XTRA in client/server modes) and access
to the file system for various things (FileIO XTRA, FileXTRA4 -
read/write/query for the file system, BuddyAPI XTRA for tight
integration with OS).  C++ Extensibility through XTRA architecture for
cross-plat work or ActiveX on Windows.  Don't know about the screen
reader though.
It will be interesting indeed if Apollo steps into the game at that
level...  Anyway, something to think about, good luck!
-Steve