  De : flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] la
part de Ciarán
  Envoyé : lundi 22 janvier 2007 16:07
  À : flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
  Objet : [flexcoders] Help Extending TabNavigator/ButtonBar

  Hi All,

  I've posted this to the flex forums as well. I'd like help with ideas
  on how to extend TabNavigator to include a "more" button, for when
  there are too many tabs.

  I'm a bit in the dark when it comes to depthy depths of the Flex
  framework, and need to make some interesting changes to a TabNavigator
  component in an application under development.

  In this case it's a single TabNavigator, but with a *lot* of tabs.
  Enough for them to be truncated down to the minimum (30 pixels or so),
  and just fit on the screen. The problem is with the squishy truncation
  part. I don't want that to happen.

  I want the tabs to match the width of the text on their respective
  titles. In addition to this, the final tab needs to be a "more" tab,
  which should "scroll across" in effect, revealing the remaining tabs.
  The button is prepended and the same effect achieved in reverse when
  the user wants to return to the tabs at the start.

  I'm looking at the Source for the ButtonBar right now, but I'm not
  getting very far in terms of understanding where to look. I know it
  sources buttons from it's dataProvider.

  Is it possible to draw these buttons offscreen and have them slide into
view?

  That said, does anyone know a clever way of accomplishing this or know
  someplace I could look where it's already implemented?

  Any clues/hints/ideas would be much appreciated =)

  Best Regards,
  Ciarán