I think 2.0.1 is an indication of what possibly went wrong. They
introduced modules. 500 bugs, fix 250, and then introduce new features. WTF?

and now flex 3. What I'm assuming here is developer idea overload. Flex
2 is fantastic and suddenly they realise how powerful it is, but they
want to add new features, even though the old ones are buggy. Could even
be a yeah we know that component is not quite right, but we re-wrote it
completely, added in new functions now that we 'understand' what we can
do with Flex. Is it worth fixing the issues with F2? No release the new
component with F3.

I have a feeling this is what is happening, and although I don't mind
it, it's not 'cricket'.

I am literally picking up my F2 box today. Knowing F3 Beta is about to
start is a bit f'd up.

If Adobe are going to start releasing a new version every 6-9 months,
could they at least agree that they will patch 95% of the outstanding
bugs in each version before releasing the new one. If they are not
prepared to do this, can they at least provide some concessions to
people that will need to upgrade F2 to F3.

I'm pleased that Adobe feel that Flex needs a new major version and not
a dot release. It implies they've been working hard on some new and
exciting features. What I need more than anything else however is a
solid stable Flex environment. I can extend Flex to my hearts content
with various components as I need them. Just give me a 100% fantastic
stable environment please. That is more critical than a new and exciting
'features'.

Adam
Tom Chiverton wrote:
> On Thursday 25 January 2007 10:16, Adam Reynolds wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming Adobe will not be charging much for upgrades from 2 to 3
>> and is it really such a good idea to be going up a whole new version
>> when Flex 2 has literally been around for months, not even years.
>>

> The Flex 2 SDK is free, and I'm looking for a strong statement from Adobe
> that
> 3 will follow in the same vain.
>
> It's normal for a free upgrade to be given if a major version comes out close
> enough to when you purchased the older version.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: