when you say 'some data' on the component, do you
really mean just bits of data per se? or are there
some sort of 'validating' functions in that component?
 Having your item renderers access  data from your
wrapping component does not necessarily mean 'bad
practice'. It depends  on how you allowed the
renderers to access those data. ;) (i.e. is it  via
direct property access, via events? etc).

--- João <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Great, thanks! That should work just fine.
>
> But in the meanwhile i've realized that i need the
> checkboxes to
> access some data on the component to define their
> selected state.
> The right solution would be to change my
> dataProvider
> (listOfAllSports:ArrayCollection) of SportVO
> (id:Number, name:String)
> so it included another field on the VO's
> (selected:Boolean), but that
> would change the meaning of my VO's (bad practice).
>
> So i'm stuck. Or i find a way of having a
> dataProvider which is a
> modified version of my listOfAllSports including a
> selected:Boolean
> for each VO, or i find a way of making my
> itemRenderers access data on
> my component (bad practice). I can't figure out how
> to solve this,
> since, for the first solution, i would need two
> ArrayCollections
> "binded" but with different datatypes.
>

> Flex is a new world to me, i'm loving it, but hating
> being stuck all
> the time i try to do something new.
>
> João Saleiro

Be a PS3 game guru.