I am having some trouble with a popup window.  Here is the popup code:

private function changePassword() : void
{
var pwWindow:IFlexDisplayObject = PopUpManager.createPopUp (this, WinChangePassword, true);
}

if I call it from a Link Button I get a "Can't Access Property of Null Object"... error.

<mx:LinkButton id="chpw" label="change pw" click="changePassword();"/>

However, when I call it from the ObserveValue Component I am using, it works fine.

<ac:ObserveValue id="pwchange" source="{model.changePw}" value="{1}" handler="{changePassword}" />

Also, when i check the debugger in both cases it shows pwWindow = null. (I am not sure what it is supposed to be.)

Thanks for the suggestions.

- Kevin