Nathan, thanks for the reply

I've found in Google that AS3 is able to encode data through Base64. It's
good because my JSP web-service can easily decode it.
But somethings are still obscure to me.

1) Is Base64 secure?
2) What's the standard model of authentication in RIA? I mean.. I figure out
that the process works this way: I create a JSP login.jsp file that receives
username and password (HTTPService) enconded through Base64 and decode it.
Ok. After that my JSP file put in the session that there's an user logged.
Now I can trigger a variety of web-services and the JSP will ALLOW the
services to run since THERE'S  A USER LOGGED. My question is: Tomcat will be
able to restore a session started by the HTTPService? I mean.. is the some
complication or configuration in this process?