Darren

Did you configuration of your app crossdomain.xml to allow this thing?

Regards.

On 4/18/07, Darren Houle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   I'm building an FDS app but instead of defining an assembler.class,
dao.class, and customobject.class on the FDS server in Java I'm defining
them on a ColdFusion server using CFCs.  I'm following Tom Jordahl's article
located here:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/coldfusionflex_part1_02.html

But, while Tom is running both FDS and CF on a single physical server, I
have two separate physical servers...

http://srv1.mydomain.com (FDS with integrated JRun)
http://srv2.mydomain.com (ColdFusion Ent 7.0.2)

My Flex client is being served out to the browser from SRV1 (the FDS
server) and I have ObjAssembler.cfc, ObjDAO.cfc, and Obj.cfc on SRV2 (the
ColdFusion server)

In my Flex client I define a DataService to manage my Obj's in a simple
grid just to test that it's all wired correctly, but it's not working. I
believe my problem is that I have my endpoints defined incorrectly in the
services-config.xml that resides on SRV1 (the FDS server)

In Tom's article he says to just use...

<endpoint uri="rtmp://{server.name}:2048" class="
flex.messaging.endpoints.RTMPEndpoint"/>
<endpoint uri="
http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/cfamfpolling";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>

But since my CF server is physically separate I changed these endpoints to

<endpoint uri="rtmp://srv2.mydomain.com:2048" class="
flex.messaging.endpoints.RTMPEndpoint"/>
<endpoint uri="
http://srv2.mydomain.com:{server.port}/messagebroker/cfamfpolling"; class="
flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>

But it does not work.  No errors, it just doesn't ds.fill() or anything.

Are these endpoints supposed to point to the CF server (SRV2)... or one to
the CF server and one to the FDS server... or to the FDS server (SRV1)?  How
do I know what port to specify for the AMFEndpoint?  How does the whole
"messagebroker/cfamfpolling" path work when there's nothing under there?
I'm pretty lost when it comes to configuring endpoints in general.

Thanks!
Darren

--
Igor Costa