Take it from me: Thomson v Microsoft

  1. The documents I've seen waht to make me through up (dry heave)

  2. Microsoft is involved in patent them, z4 technologies $140 recently is
proof.  So is Sun's settlement for MS hacking code.

  3. Would you trust Microsoft.  Bill Gates is a desperate "LOSER"  I don't
care how much money he has -- STEVE JOBS IS AN INNOVATOR, Bill Gates is a
huster stealing from you peole in their early 20's.

Paul DeCoursey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          I agree that there is room in the RIA space for another player. I
think that MS has a few things going against it for this launch.
First off it's a new plugin with little real world experience. It is
going to take a long time for the market to become saturated enough
for it to be relevant. It took many years for the Flash Player to gain
acceptance, and it's still not a total success (read any posting on
slashdot that is related to Flash to see what I mean). Throw on top of
that Microsofts reputation in Internet Security and you have a user
base that will be uneasy with the install.

I see this going one of two ways. Silverlight takes more than 2 years
to reach saturation, partially fueled by the reluctance of the
population to upgrade to Vista. This causes developers to choose other
options which in turn drive the next big web trend beyond RIA. Or
Sliverlight is a moderate success and everyone is happy.

Or (sorry, I just thought of this so it's actually 3 ways) Silverlight
is a big success and clever developers like myself (I do totally rock
;) blend Flash, Flex, Silverlight and some other new emerging
technologies that in turn drive innovation away from all the current
RIA platforms to something far more advanced. This fits into my
demented belief that the web is doomed to failure and something better
is bound to replace it before it ends up killing us all.

I can't say right now that I am totally excited about Silverlight. I
would like to take a look at it and see what it can do.

Paul deCoursey

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Wolf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Scott,
>
> > Sillyness aside, there is substance to this and it was a great read,
> but i think what hurt it's purity is the undercurrent of "MS is evil,
> watch them" mentality.
>
> I assure you that undertone wasn't purposeful. I did flub the Sparkle
> reference, but then again, most people misunderstood what Sparkle was
> and the general understanding at large was the Sparkle was WPF/E.
> Code words are supposed to be confusing right? :=)
>
> As you said, aiming at that would have just undone the message I was
> trying to get out.
>
> Worth noting BTW, I am a MSFT Alumnus.
>
> --
> Dave Wolf
> Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> Adobe Flex Alliance Partner
> http://www.cynergysystems.com
> http://www.cynergysystems.com/blogs
>
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Office: 866-CYNERGY
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Barnes" <scott.barnes@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dave.C,
> >
> > Dave.W gets it :) He understands that the RIA space is not exclusive
> to one
> > company but many, while I get the undercurrent of his blog-speech,
I do

http://www.cynergysystems.com/blogs/page/davewolf?entry=wake_up_and_see_the

> > > Regards,
> > > Dave Carabetta.