Would anyone know if there is a way to create an component that can be
used as an icon for any component that accepts an icon?

For example, TitleWindow accepts a titleIcon. I would like to create
an AS3 class that I can instantiate and specify for the TitleWindow's
titleIcon. As conditions change in the window, I'd like to be able to
make a function call to the icon class and have it update the icon
displayed by the TitleWindow. The class would programatically create
the icon (i.e., it would not use an embedded asset).

Ideally the icon component should be able to be used for any component
that accepts an icon.

Any idea if this can be done and if so where I should start looking to
create such a component? Thanks!

Paul