"Microsoft are extremely committed to the Apple platform"

Ooh, does this mean that they forgot to announce IE for the Mac at MIX???

;-)

On 03/05/07, Scott Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/3/07, sher_ali2004 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Never trust Microsoft products and projects. They bring products and
> destroy those products themselves because of their marketing strategy.
> They never succeeded to run a product more than few years except
> Window OS and MS Office.
>
> If you put some efforts in learning a technology than you would never
> want to loss.
>
> What happend to FrontPage? What happened to ASP ?

Frontpage is now - Expression Web (re-modeled and re-done to make it
smarter etc).
ASP Classic got moved to ASP.NET, ASP.NET 2.0 is extremely popular for the
RAD approach it provides. Now we have ASP Futures release which combined
with Silverlight is pushing this evolution forward.

Microsoft are extremely committed to the Apple platform, if we weren't you
would would not of seen Silverlights launchpad event to be demo'd on a Mac.
It's about a series of channelled offerings and Apple users aren't being
left out on the Mac.

Again there are three tiers of offerings here, Ultimate Experience (WPF),
Great Experience (Silverlight) and Good Experience (AJAX/HTML). Our value
proposition to developers in the current .NET space that they have the
ability to move between these three tiers using their C#/VB.NET passports
mixed with XAML. Now if folks want to jump on board from the Flex world,
that's fine but I doubt Flex will "die" simply because Microsoft is in the
room, as Scott.G said this isn't a zero sum game,no two brands will "own"
the market.Silverlight and Live.com are a solution service that we think
is quite exciting and I think there is room for combination of both brands.

In the interest of killing such debates, I'm keen to spinup some
combination applications of FLEX + Silverlight working together. I'll also
talk more about how Adobe CS3 products can work with Expression tools etc
bottom line, there is no winner, just mashups of cool RIA technologies.

Scott Barnes
Developer Evangelist
Microsoft

Andrew Muller