Thanks Kyle. Yea, I assumed that already.

What I'm trying to figure out is if it's possible to create a combination of a UITextField and a sprite as a single class.

flash.display.DisplayObjectContainer isnt' available anywhere to look at, and I'm wondering if that's an intrinsic class to begin with...