I have an action script file of an animated ball. 20 is added to x on
every frame.  If I create an actionscript project and run it, it works
fine. Now how do I include this class in a flex project ?

If I create a mxml file like this I thought it would have the ball in
it. It runs, but there is not ball, no errors no nothing. The code for
the ball is below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
layout="absolute" initialize="init()" xmlns:com="com.*">
    <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
            import com.AnimatedBall;
       ]]>
    </mx:Script>
    <com:AnimatedBall />

</mx:Application>

package com {
    import flash.display.Sprite;
    import flash.events.Event;

    public class AnimatedBall extends Sprite {
        private var ball:Sprite;

        public function AnimatedBall() {
            init();
        }
        private function init():void {
            ball = new Sprite();
            addChild(ball);
            ball.graphics.beginFill(0xff0000);
            ball.graphics.drawCircle(0, 0, 40);
            ball.x = 20;

            ball.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME,
onEnterFrame);
        }
        private function onEnterFrame(event:Event):void {
            ball.x++;