Plenty of other folks have had the same frustration in Flex so you're
not alone.  We'll close out the bug when it gets over here.  It probably
should have been filed against Flex SDK instead of Apollo.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of droponrcll
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 10:04 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Placement of Image within Image Control

, "droponrcll" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. I thought everything
> had moved over to the other thread.
>
> > You are welcome to file an ECR for alignment properties or
styles,
> but
> > keep in mind that in most people's use cases, you don't want to
> stretch
> > the Image beyond the size of the bitmap so there might be some
play
> in
> > one dimension, but not the other. This is because most of the
> time, you
> > want to use the layout rules instead of having things overlap. I
> would
> > also recomment not filling available space with Image in your
> renderer
> > either.
>
> I have submitted an ECR FR-APOLLO-00096.

ROFLMAO. My husband has been sitting over there laughing at me
cussing a blue streak. I went back to Matt Chotin's example and saw
that it worked regardless of the different image sizes, so I looked
again at his code. In the Image tag I found this text:

verticalAlign="bottom" horizontalAlign="center"

So it appears these properties have existed since at least FB 2 but
they are not documented and do not appear in code hinting. If this
post helps one other person struggling with this issue, I feel this
entire week or so I have spent wrestling with this problem will have
been worth it.

Thanks for your patience, Alex, and for being a good sport through
all my frustration!

-Amy