We had a similar situation using LCDS with HTTPS, we had to create
additional channels in services-config.xml specifically for SSL and also set
the "add-no-chache-headers" tag to false to avoid weird caching/ssl issues.

For example:

        <!-- These are for production channels which use HTTPS -->
        <channel-definition id="prod-amf" class="
mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel">
            <endpoint
uri="https://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amf";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint"/>
            <properties>
                <polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled>
                <add-no-cache-headers>false</add-no-cache-headers>
            </properties>
        </channel-definition>

        <channel-definition id="prod-polling-amf" class="
uri="https://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amfpolling";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint"/>
            <properties>
                <polling-enabled>true</polling-enabled>
                <polling-interval-seconds>8</polling-interval-seconds>
                <add-no-cache-headers>false</add-no-cache-headers>
            </properties>
        </channel-definition>

Then in our data-management-config.xml and remoting-config.xml we added
these channels to default-channels as appropriate.

Scott