i have to say, if your entire application is currently in one mxml file- i'm
betting it's not a 'huge' application by any means- if that's the case and
you want to organize your code into a framework of some sort, i would put my
money on puremvc, i've been down that road and cairngorm was way overkill
for what i was trying to do- you can be up to speed on the puremvc framework
in less time than cairngorm.

not trying to start a puremvc vs cairngorm discussion in any way- but in my
experience it was easier implementing puremvc framework into my small
application than cairngorm.