I have an item renderer/editor that does as-you-type validation using
standard Flex validators, and updates a "valid" property in the data. I wish
to prevent the edit from ending if the data is valid.
When tabbing, the following works in column one, but not in column two (the
last editable column):

private function handleItemEditEnd(event : DataGridEvent) : void {

if (event.itemRenderer.data.valid) {

// do some stuff

} else {

event.preventDefault();

}

Any ideas? Also, does the renderer get any access to this event? If I want
to move "valid" from the data to the renderer itself, I suppose I would have
to cast event.itemRenderer above to my renderer type, and call a method or
access a property.

Thanks.