IIRC, the pattern is to call preventDefault and then set
editedItemPosition to the current position.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Richard Rodseth
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 12:20 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] itemEditEnd preventDefault

I have an item renderer/editor that does as-you-type validation using
standard Flex validators, and updates a "valid" property in the data. I
wish to prevent the edit from ending if the data is valid.

When tabbing, the following works in column one, but not in column two
(the last editable column):

private function handleItemEditEnd(event : DataGridEvent) : void {

if (event.itemRenderer.data.valid) {

// do some stuff

} else {

event.preventDefault();

}

Any ideas? Also, does the renderer get any access to this event? If I
want to move "valid" from the data to the renderer itself, I suppose I
would have to cast event.itemRenderer above to my renderer type, and
call a method or access a property.

Thanks.