And if I omit preventDefault, the invalid value remains, but the red focus
ring turns blue. I've also established that setting editedItemPosition
creates a new item editor (as I would expect), so I can't store and access a
"valid" flag in the item editor component.
Is there some other way to prevent an invalid field from losing focus? Or to
restart the edit with the invalid value and have it re-validate?