Mike
yea that is exactly what I am using--example 6. I already tweaked it
and fixed the timeline to suit my needs (basically rounded off the
numbers based on the current time ) and the rowset on the left i have
populating with the channels. What i did was count the channel IDs and
used that for the count of rows.  The only problem I see (other than
changing some of the methods and the timestamps are almost all based
on milliseconds), is assigning the programs in the main to the proper
rows.  What I am doing wiht my XML return is including the channel ID
for the programs and I envision assigning the program listings to
their proper rows by matching the Channel ID (so, channel 5 is row 5
and the program has the channel ID passed so it points to row 5) but
again, the problem is WHERE is the AS does the schedule say the Y axis
is each day (instead of each channel). does that make sense?

thanks for your help you guys, Im banging my head against the monitor.

http://flexlib.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/examples/SchedulingFramework/ScheduleViewer6_Sample.swf

http://flexlib.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/examples/SchedulingFramework/ScheduleViewer6_Sample.mxml