Unfortunately that would involve the compiler scanning all of the
classes (source or swcs) in the project to find [RemoteClass] metadata,
so this will make it in Flex Builder 3.

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Cosma
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:18 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Debugging RemoteClass serialization [SOLVED]

I've found the problem.

Enabling the 'debug' logging level, I saw that my services are returning
subclasses of SoggettoVO.. my local VOs are correctly extending
themself, so it is fine to consider all those objects as instances of
SoggettoVO class, but those other subclasses are never referenced in my
code.. then, yes, it was the linker optimization issue :)

It would be really a great improvement if the flex compiler was so smart
to keep the classes marked with the [RemoteClass] metadata in the SWF,
even if not referenced in the code.. any hope to see this in the final
build of FlexBuilder 3? (maybe it's already like this - I'm still using
the SDK version 2.0.1 to use LCDS 2.5)

Again, I want to thank Johnny and Den for their help.

Cosma