Sounds like you need SVG:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics

Then you could use an SVG to PDF converter like:
http://www.kevlindev.com/utilities/index.htm

Or a plugin to allow you to embed SVG in PDFs for the client:
http://www.planetpdf.com/enterprise/article.asp?ContentID=embedding_svg_in_pdf_

The upside to SVG is because it is an XML spec, you can just output
your vector descriptions using the Flex XML constructs. There is
likely a way to get your SVG into PDFs using the already mentioned
libraries, or a hack therein but the simplest thing to do is output
the SVG file.

Just a clueless outsider's view,
-- William