That's a wholly different thread.  You would use WebService, HTTPservice, or
RemoteObject to perform some sort of server call.  Take a look at the docs
on these tags and also at the examples on Adobe.com.  For a ColdFusion based
example, you can check this out
http://www.acfug.org/index.cfm?fa=meetings.meetingdetail&EventID=177

DK

--