>>Hi Jason - I was curious so I copied your code into a test app and it
all seemed to work fine for me:

Thanks.  However, I don't think your test is good enough as it does not
do what my app actually does, because there is so much more to my UI and
the object being created is not a simple inline statement, it's a class
that calls another class and so on.  But since it works with one
repeater and not the other repeater, but still based on the same data
provider, the problem to me seems to be related to performance - the
repeater in the panel runs before the dp object can be fully created and
thus does not render, however, it works in the accordion because the
repeater runs later, after the user clicks the accordion and thus the dp
object is fully created.

Someone must have dealt with this issue before - how do you handle UI
rendering before the data is fully formed?   I'm assuming this is the
problem, I can't come to any other logical explanation.  I can post the
send the app to someone, but it's not practical to post all the code
here.

Thanks,

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
GT&O L&LD Solutions Design & Development
eTools & Multimedia

Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community