Thanks - I suspected it was something like that too.

However, you're using all Actionscript examples, I'm declaring my
databinding in the MXML:

<mx:Repeater id="rSkills" dataProvider="{_user.skills}" >

The data _user.skills array is created on ApplicationComplete - I'm not
sure how to setup the data before, and then set the dataprovider in the
MXML.  The only way I can imagine is doing it all in Actionscript, which
I could do, but why should I have to?  It seems to be a common thing to
bind actionscript data to components declared with MXML, no?

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
GT&O L&LD Solutions Design & Development
eTools & Multimedia

Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community