a colleague of mine has written an app to do this with AIR and Artemis and a handful of java classes. its pretty sweet.

If used properly, AIR is anything but a joke.

At 08:43 PM 1/20/2008, you wrote:

Javier de la Torre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to access the TWAIN API from an AIR application. I have
> been looking around and the only way I have found it is by using
> Artemis. Although accessing from Java would be great, there are great
> APIs out there, the Artemis connection looks very preliminar and with
> a deploying process that can be too hard.
>
> I have understood also that there is no way to run command line
> processes from AIR in thi version.
>
> Another idea I have heard is to create an external program that will
> provide me access to TWAIN through sockets connections. But then I
> would have to distribute the two things together, set up services in
> windows, uff... it sounds is gonna be complicate to distribute such a
> software.
>
> Any other idea?

Don't use air. Its pretty much useless for this type of app as far as i
can tell. It's a bit of a bad joke really. Pity.

cheers,
- shaun

Jeff Tapper
Senior Technologist