> Well… now we know not to keep our development and production versions in the
> same place. And moving stuff to the trash is a feature of whatever operating
> system you're using, Linux or Windows or Mac. Any decent programming
> language will actually *delete* stuff you tell it to.
>
> I personally have nothing but good experiences with Flex Builder, so there
> ya go.

Well, thanks for the warm remarks, but you'll notice that I quite
clearly stated that it was my *localhost* copy of my site, i.e. it was
my development version. It's a pain because restoring the development
version from a backup or the production version is time consuming...

And not deleting files when an app tells me "hey, I'm not going to
delete these files" is a feature that should work. It's a bug, plain
and simple. And a decent app that is *mirroring* the file system to
the user (which FB is doing which it links folders or shows the
directory tree) should *mirror* the file system's (i.e. OS's) feature
of moving items to the trash.

Oh, and I take back my previous apology. After looking at all my
documents I discovered that all of the php files (and only the php
files) were empty. Me thinks FB was trying to do something clever
related to it's db wizards, etc. and clean up files it *thought* it
had created.

So, now the restore from the production server is finished. Now I'll
(hopefully) get back to work. And for the record, I'm a *big* fan of
Flex Builder (mostly Flex/Flash, not so much Builder) and have praised
it on many occasions on my blog.

Troy.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional