Aaron - you are almost there with the use of interfaces. Let's say that you
have the following interfaces for your return results.

IHeightResult

IWeightResult

ILevelResult

If you specified the a return variable as:

var _something:*;

.and functions that return the result as:

public function getSomething():*

{.

.or used event handlers as:

public function somethingEventHandler( event:AnalyZOR, obj:* ):void

{.

You can always.

If ( obj is ILevelResult )

  = > process as level result

Else if ( obj is IWeightResult )

  = > process as weight result

Else if ( obj is IHeightResult )

  = > process as height result

The trick is using the 'unspecified' type operator (asterisk) wherever you
are going to pass one of your three typed objects. One of the keys to
polymorphism is function overriding. which isn't available in AS 3.0 (you
probably found this out). So. one of the alternatives is to use the
'unspecified' identifier.

Rick Winscot