I have a custom item renderer for an mx:Tree, shown here:

<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
        <mx:Script>
                [Bindable]
                public var selectedColor:Number;
        </mx:Script>
        <mx:Binding source="cp.selectedColor" destination="selectedColor"/>
        <mx:ColorPicker id="cp" selectedColor="0xFFFFFF"/>
        <mx:Label text="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"/>
</mx:HBox>

It is supposed to display a color picker next to the label of the node.

However, when I display an instance of an mx:Tree which uses this item
renderer, only the root appears (or, if showRoot=false, only the
first-depth children) although the data contains second- and
third-depth children.

I have tried to resolve the issue, but to no avail. Why aren't all the
nodes appearing? Thanks in advance!