If you don't use the custom renderer, do you still only see the root?

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of svbhamid
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 11:55 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Custom TreeItemRenderer not rendering children

I have a custom item renderer for an mx:Tree, shown here:

<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
<http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> ">
<mx:Script>
[Bindable]
public var selectedColor:Number;
</mx:Script>
<mx:Binding source="cp.selectedColor" destination="selectedColor"/>
<mx:ColorPicker id="cp" selectedColor="0xFFFFFF"/>
<mx:Label text="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"/>
</mx:HBox>

It is supposed to display a color picker next to the label of the node.

However, when I display an instance of an mx:Tree which uses this item
renderer, only the root appears (or, if showRoot=false, only the
first-depth children) although the data contains second- and
third-depth children.

I have tried to resolve the issue, but to no avail. Why aren't all the
nodes appearing? Thanks in advance!